Broadway in Chicago sells a 6-pack… of musical tickets for 120$. You don’t know what musicals will be entitled to you, nor when or what type of seats.
A surprise musical 6-pack!
I had never been to a musical because I thought it would not be my thing. But going to one was on my bucket list. So when a certain Kate on a certain Meetup asked who wanted to join her for the surprise musical 6-pack, I thought ‘Let’s do it!’.
For 3 reasons mainly:
- to be able to scratch a musical of my bucket list
- to experience the interiors of the Chicago theaters
- to hang out with a group of ladies
Meanwhile, I’ve seen 4 musicals so far and:
- it turns out I like musicals
- these were top performances, sometimes shown in Chicago first, pre-Broadway shows they call it, Chicagoans proud!
- every musical was humorous with lots of progressive jokes (I like)
- the theaters were handsome at first glance and kitschy at second glance
- Kate became my friend and introduced me to a bunch of her friends
- Kate invited me to other events such as a dance performance, St. Patricks Day, 4th of July potluck picnic, potluck BBQ in her garden …
By all means: Thanks Kate for so much happINEss!
These musicals were on the list:
- First Wives Club, with peeing-in-your-pants humor
- On your feet, the story of Gloria & Emilio Estefan
- Kinky Boots, because men in women’s clothes deserve a custom made shoe
- Pippin, the Cirque du Soleil in the musical world
Next activity on the agenda:
Movies in the park: an evening picnic with Dirty Dancing in Millennium Park (every Tuesday, movie night)
Do you like musicals?
If so, let me know and we go together when you visit Chicago.
(as English is not my native language, some weird translations may have popped up. Feel free to let me know)