Last-minute we decide to hit the road from Chicago to St. Louis, Missouri and visit Springfield, Illinois on our way back.
Why St. Louis?
As a trip down memory lane…
although I don’t recall anything from my first trip, 39 years ago when we used to live in St. Louis for 10 months.
St. Louis touristy stuff:
- Gateway Arch
- Old Courthouse
- City Garden with public sculptures
- Laclede Landing’s neighborhood
- Anheuser-Busch beer experience
- Broadway Oyster Bar
- Light show in Union Station’s Grand Hall
- 4Hand Brewery
- LaFayette Square with Victorian Houses
- Soulard’s Farmers Market
St. Louis Route 66 stuff:
- lunch at Crown Candy Kitchen
- Walk over the old Chain of Rock Bridge with a famous 20° bend
St. Louis memory lane:
- Near and under Gateway Arch
- Tasting Budweiser, bwwhh
- In front of our apartment building
It’s the capitol of Illinois…
although Chicago is wayyyy bigger and it’s the place where president Lincoln spent his entire career before becoming a president and allegedly it could be the hometown of the Simpsons….
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Dana-Thomas House
- The Capitol of the State Illinois
- Lincoln’s museum: a must!
Last -minute getaways are the best!
_ _ _
(None of the above businesses have invited me to write for them, nor have I received any compensation from them.)