Our nephew was 2 years young when we left Belgium for Chicago. Our niece was 4. Now, three years later, at the age of 5 and 7, they are big enough to visit us. Together with their parents, they stayed for 12 days. And we made it 1 big party.
Each day we celebrated one’s birthday and the birthday girl/boy chose what to do and what to eat.
- Tijl: Legoland + swimming in Lake Michigan
- Lilia: Lincoln Park Zoo + cycling on a surrey at Lake Michigan
- Ellen: Architecture Tour (kids did water taxi) + Navy Pier + Chicago view from John Hancock Building
- Geert: Millennium Park + Art Institute of Chicago
- Bart: Beach + craft breweries with brother-in-law + babysitting while rest went to Ravinia for Lords of the Ring accompanied with live music from Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Ine: Pilsen mural walk + museum for Mexican art
- Other days: Air & Water show at the beach / Solar eclipse watching from the beach / Shedd Aquarium / Maggie Daley park / swim-swim-swim / Andersonville shops-resto’s-little libraries ….
I think we made up for everything we missed in the last 3 years…
_ _ _
(None of the above businesses have invited me to write for them, nor have I received any compensation from them.)