Ine loves to be your tour guide in Chicago.
Ine is pleased to give tours in Dutch and English and attend visitors in French and Spanish.
As a Belgian living in Chicago, she’s a big fan of her new home town and loves to share her favorite Chicago spots with you. She is also a candidate Chicago Tour Guide (with CTPA). Ine loves to help you with your Chicago-program, for free, as well as send you a draft chapter of her Dutch guidebook.
These are her of the beaten path tours, in Dutch:
Please contact her for an English version
- De hoogtepunten van groen Chicago
- Een appelblauwzeegroene fietstocht langs Lake Michigan
- Een blik op de muurschilderingen in Pilsen, het Mexico van Chicago
- Een tour op maat
Her friend and coworker Leentje is also a tour guide. She specializes in Music Tours and Family Tours. Check out her website!
Chicago definitely has the most impressive skyline of the States! It’s worth a helicopter flight; check out the tours of my friend Hendrik at Chicago Helicopter Tours!
What are the highlights of Chicago?
These are Ine’s favorites;
- Architecture: The number one to do attraction in Chicago is the Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise, sipping from a cocktail in the Signature Lounge on the 95th floor of the John Hancock Building and for admirers of Frank Lloyd Wright a visit to his Home and Studio in Oak Park.
- Music: Jazz at the Green Mill and Blues at Kingston Mines.
- Scenery: Enjoy the art in Millennium Park and the blue colors, beaches and bikepath at Lake Michigan
- Museums: Ine’s favorites art the Art Institute of Chicago and the Museum of Science and Industry. Be warned that these museums are huge.
- Neighborhoods: book Ine for a guided tour in HydePark/Kenwood, Pilsen, Andersonville/Uptown, Chinatown/PrairyAveDistrict or a neighborhood of your choice.
How to get around in Chicago?
Use the cta-trains and cta-buses. You can buy single or daytickets at the electronic machines in the trainstations or buy a Ventracard for 5$ and add transit value (you get the 5$ back if you register the card online). A single ride costs 2.25$ and counts for 1 hour.